Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ships in the harbour

In the past couple of weeks we have had quite a few ships in the harbour.



They have brought building supplies for the new school, sealifts (including ours), supplies for the town, and even a shiny new bulldozer!



As you can see our sealift arrived.... We spent that evening and part of the next morning unpacking and putting it all away. At some point, some containers of orange juice had holes poked in them. This resulted in half a crate of mold, 40 pounds of spoiled flour, and lots of bleach to get the mold of about 50 litres of juice. Oh, and it seems there were some maggots for good measure. Gross. Other than that everything arrived in one piece. There were the usual surprises of things I had ordered and things I thought I had ordered, but in fact, had not. And the substitutions.... You get the feeling that they just replace what you ordered with the things they can't sell. If I had wanted marshmallows in my hot chocolate, I would have ordered them!

No comments: