Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Monkeys and their cakes

A pretty good day all around for us today.... We went to playgroup, which went very smoothly.  I'll just say that we had a bit of an episode Friday that involved us leaving early, with much screaming.  And not as much embarrassment as you might think.  I assume we've all been there - or will be soon (insert evil laugh here).  Today, we agreed, would be much different.  And it was.  We left with no tears, no buts, and there wasn't a single disagreement during playtime.  That'll never last, I know, I know.

I did my midterm for my course a couple of days ago.  What a let down.  It was only one page.  I did it with a child on my lap.  Of course, I only got 98%.  One wrong.  I hear you, out there.... Why one wrong?  'Cause that's just how it is with me.  I'm just happy it's not on paper - that way I can't forget to flip it over and do the questions on the other side.  Now I'm doing the editing and proofreading unit.  Craig thinks this should be easy since I so enjoy finding mistakes in other people's writing.  Let's see how I do when it's my own.  And it's (literally) latin.

Another highlight of today: The boys played - together, at the same time - in the moonsand without fighting!  Logan was so excited, he kept turning to me and saying "Emo pay sand wit me!"  Translated, that's "Liam's playing sand with me!"

Liam's birthday is coming up and I'm debating what to do for a party.  Although we seem to know lots of people, there are only 2 kids he says he'd like to invite, and I can't come up with any more.  Also, it's the opposite of our last place, where you were hard-pressed to find a girl his age.  So far we haven't met any boys for him to play with, they are all younger.  Of course, Liam's number 1 pick to invite for his birthday is Tyrell.  And I agree, that would be the best, but I don't think it's going to happen....  On a different tangent, Liam wants a monkey cake.  Soooooo appropriate....... yet difficult!

Now, off to bed so I can be a good mommy tomorrow!  Maybe our package from the pharmacy will have arrived!  Getting vitamins, etc. has never been so exciting!

No comments: