Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Staying up" for the first time

It has been a while since I've posted - I'm surprised, it hasn't even been two weeks; it feels like longer.
The boys are fully recovered from the yucky flu that went through here. Liam's party was postponed - I just need to figure out a date when myself, Craig and two moms are free at the same time.
We've been busy lately planning our first trip out. The nuts and bolts of our trip are a week in Disney World, followed by a Caribbean cruise.  It should be lovely!
Last night we had some company over, so I denied Logan his afternoon nap and put the boys to bed early. I knew it wasn't fair to Liam, and I certainly didn't want him to fall asleep at 7:30, because who know what time he would have woken up this morning! So I promised him that if he could lay in bed quietly until Logan was asleep, he could read a book. When they're not quite tired, they like to take a couple of books to bed, and generally they are good about reading quietly, then going to sleep. Once Logan was asleep, I went in to tell Liam what a good boy he had been, and to get him a book. Then I realized the error in my wording, as he hopped out of bed and picked out a book that we normally read out loud, not one of his usual in-bed books. Then he headed out the door. So I shrugged, finished getting ready, while he watched and chatted, then we went downstairs and read the book before company came. He was being very good, and we allowed him to stay up with company for a bit, with the understanding that he had to go to bed without fussing when it was time. And he was true to his word. He charmed our visitors, I think; he was very friendly and (you won't believe this) talkative and told them all sorts of interesting things.... And they were very kind understanding people.... Then, about half an hour later I tucked him into bed and he went to sleep without a fuss. He did very well, and might actually be allowed to do it again sometime - we shall see!
Now it is past my bedtime.... I just wanted to do a quick update so you all knew we were fine and hadn't forgotten about you! And I've recharged the battery in the camera, so maybe next time there will be some pictures.

No comments: